Thursday, January 17, 2008

Trip to Taiwan

Shaun and I flew to Taiwan without Simon as planned on Dec 13. Even though I only paid for a lap ticket for Shaun, he got his own seat in the Business Class, because it was not full. That was the best deal I have ever had!! :) Shaun loved climbing the stairs and kept walking up and down the isle, so it was not a relaxing flight for me until he finally fell asleep. Our fellow passengers surely did not appreciate having a toddler around... In order to keep Shaun quite, I let him have his pacifier again.. :-o

My friend D decided to fly to Taiwan with me to attend her court hearing and we had 5 fun days together. D had no choice but to start using chopsticks, because my cousin didn't have any fork in her house!! D was very gracious and was so brave to try some authentic Taiwanese food.

Cousin T's house was crazy with three babies in the same house. My knees and legs were hurting from climbing the stairs of a four-story house (sometimes chasing after Shaun.) However, Shaun got really good at climbing the stairs. I was amazed to see how fast he learned to climb the stairs safely, so he didn't fall and he could climb up and down one story in one minute. After D returned to the U.S., we moved to my aunt's where the house is smaller, but much easier for us to care for three babies. I also enrolled Shaun in a nearby kindergarten for the month. He is placed with the 3-year old class. It's funny to see him walking around and playing among a bunch of "serious" 3-year old busy "reading" their books.. :) I really missed my car and Shaun's car seat by this point. My trip to Taiwan was no longer as enjoyable as before with a mobile and demanding 20-months old toddler!! However, my family was very happy to see him again. They all missed him and was amazed by how much he has grown in 8 months.





(Shaun with Cousin Ting-An aka mei-mei)


Shaun having fun at his new school

No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers