Sunday, November 23, 2008

Snowing in London

In the 4 months I've been in London, I've experienced some strange weather. August was the 'gloomiest' (defined as fewest hours of sunlight) in the past 40+ years in London. Then things turned completely around and we had a very nice and warm September.

One October evening after my Investments final, it snowed! It hadn't snowed in London in October in 40+ years (I'm not making up this 40+ thing). Then yesterday it snowed again.

Jackie said it only snowed once or twice in the 4 years she lived in London. So I guess I have been lucky or unlucky (depending on your point of view). I was walking both times when it snowed but I enjoyed it because it is a lot better than walking in the rain (which I have experienced numerous times over the last 4 months).

I'll be back in sunny California in 27 days!!!

2 comments:

Sarah k said...

This is all for you! lol. In honor of your family being there God has decided to have "Weather opposite" year...lol....

Sarah k
Taiwankiddo2.blogspot.com

Johnson said...

wowow... nice Simon...

When Mike & I were there in 1986, we also had snow for few days... and it was sooooo fun... hehehe..

Cheers,
Johnson

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers