Sunday, June 29, 2008

Kindergarchy

If you have not heard of this term "kindergarchy", check it out! Even all of the comments are of interest to me. As usual, not every reader agrees with the article, but I did learn something from this article.
http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/families/article4232385.ece

Personally, I think the key is to strike a "balance" between unconditional love/lots of cuddle and discipline when needed. However, any parent knows that it's easy to say the word "balance", but it's probably impossible to achieve in practice!! As first-time parents, S and I are constantly learning from our family and friends as well as from Di-di. I sincerely believe that every child has his/her own personality and respond differently to criticism and discipline.

It may seem that Di-di is the CENTER of our life when you read our family blog, but it's not like that. This blog is mostly about his childhood mainly for 3 reasons:
1) S and I are not as cute as Di-di and our jobs are not that interesting (who wants to hear about my presentation on attach and pen rate for SWD support:),
2) to give updates to our family and friends who live in 3 countries (soon to be 4 countries) about how he is doing, and
3) most importantly so that Di-di will always have a record of his childhood in one place, even if I die unexpectedly (like in a car accident or during an earthquake.)

There are lots of other things that S and I do day-to-day besides serving our little master's needs and tracking his life...hahaha... I want to assure our families and friends that we will not make Di-di into a little Emperor so that he doesn't drive you crazy when we visit. If you ever catch us "cuddle" Di-di too much to the point that you feel that he can't take any stress or failure in life, PLEASE let us know right away!! We will not be offended and will thank you for being honest with us. Hey, I grew up in a period in Taiwan when parents begged our teachers to spank us regularly & I have the thick skin on my hands and butts to prove it! :)~

(BTW, Di-di LOVES the new Thomas shirt that Grandma and Grandpa got him!! When he wears the shirt, he constantly points at Thomas and say "Thomas" to anyone who looks at him.
Tonight, he insisted on wearing his Thomas again.
Grandpa and Grandma- Thanks, for this fabulous shirt!)


(We now take Di-di to KidsPark for a couple of hours on weekends when we run errands.)

1 comment:

Sarah k said...

I love the shirt too!!! And ya know.. I think that it being all about the babe is great.. although it is nice to see you guys too :o) I mean.. look at mine... all about the babes...lol.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers