Saturday, March 14, 2009

When can I get a break from the telemarketers???

I have been sick for a week, but didn't take any sick day offs due to urgent reporting needs at work. Then, I barely got any sleep since Wednesday due to my stuffy nose and constant cough. Feeling completely exhausted on Saturday, I dropped DD off at a temp child care in the morning, then tried to take a nap so that I don't drop dead before S comes home in a week.

Just when I almost dozed off... the phone rang. Picked up the phone, then a Chinese voice came up "May I speak to Miss Jackie....," recognizing that it's the same telemarketer who has been trying to get to me for a few days and just wouldn't take "not interest" for an answer, I hung up and tried to go back to sleep... the phone rang again... "May I speak to Miss Jackie..." I was so exhausted and annoyed that I shouted with very ounce of energy that is left in my body "SHUT UP!!!! DO NOT CALL MY HOUSE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" This is the mean and nasty side of J that only comes out occasionally under extreme stress. This poor telemarketer was just trying to do her job, but she really caught the dragon lady at the worst possible time. She totally ruined my day, because I couldn't fall asleep again after that. Hope my shouting didn't ruin her day, though.

2 comments:

Peanuts' Mom said...

So sorry to hear about you being sick. Telemarketers suck. Wish there was an easy way to actually report these people when they don't take no for an answer.

Hope you and Di Di are okay!

Sarah k and David said...

Awe hon.. I so hope that they stop calling you . That is nuts and while you are sick... just awful!!! Go away telemarketers!!!!

Sarah k

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers