Sunday, December 5, 2010
Monday, October 25, 2010
Big Boy Bed
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
My Favorite Restaurant in Taiwan (Dec 10, 2009)
Friday, January 1, 2010
Mandarin and Taiwanese family names
Mandarin and Taiwanese family names
Posted using ShareThis
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Weekend Trip to Taichung and Nanto
That night, we drove to Cingjing/The Evergreen Grasslands to spend the night. Thank God, my cousin was driving, because I have no nerve to drive in the mountain roads! We stayed at the Florance Resort Villa. The balcony in our room has a breathtaking view of the mountain range. On Sunday morning, we spent a few hours in the Evergreen Grasslands. It was a steep hike to reach the farm, but DD had so much fun chasing the sheep and got his first horse riding experience. (My camera ran out of battery again, but thanks to a kind stranger who took pictures of DD on the horse and emailed them to me!)
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
More Family Visit
Day Trip to Yi-Lan
For a total of $90USD, we had a 9-dish dinner enough for 8 people (even though we only had 6 people!) We had no clue what the chef was going to cook for our dinner and was pleasantly surprised by every dish. My camera ran out of battery in the middle of the meal!
(Ready for our feast)
(Fourth dish- hot pot style)
(More dishes, but my camera ran out of battery!!)
Meeting Baby Chloe
My brother, his wife and Baby C came to spend a few days with us in Tao Yuan before they went back to Thailand.
DD loves his cousin C so much!!
2. On Nov 5, DD had another accident and he lost his "miracle" tooth this time!! My poor baby was all bruised, in tears and hurting so much. However, he bounced back in just a few days.
3. We didn't have any offer on our house, so we decided to take it off the market.
4. DD and I drove to the Bay Area to spend Thanksgiving with S and his cousins. They had been so kind to let S stay with them since August, so we were so happy to take them out for a nice dinner. We also looked at a couple of homes that we are interested in purchasing. S also got us tickets to "Train of Lights." DD had so much fun that we had to "drag" him away from the train after the ride was over!
4. It's been two years since I last visited family in Taiwan. After learning that my brother and his wife will bring their new born daughter back to Taiwan for a month till early December, I decided at the last minute to bring DD back to Taiwan. Traveling with DD by myself was no small feat, but we arrived back at Taiwan safely on Nov 29. DD actually slept 10 hours out of the 13-hour flight, even though Mommy didn't get much sleep with him taking up two seats!
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
2. Both S and Mom's birthdays are in October, so we had fun with them in Vacaville and Napa!
3. S bought a putter for DD, so DD is now officially a golfer! I am sure father and son will have lots of fun on the course.
2. Since DD was having such a difficult time in his new school and intermediate class, the principal suggested that we put him into the beginner pre-K class. It worked!! After a couple of days, DD stopped resisting going to school and only had two potty accidents in September. I supposed he likes hanging out with smaller kids!
3. DD had fun attending J's B-Day party. He enjoyed the jumping house and the great cake, because mommy let him have the icing!
4. We also went to the Apple Hill to get great apple pies and enjoyed the beautiful weather. However, we didn't let DD pick any apple.
5. Since DD loves train, we took him to two train rides. We get free train rides as part of the Railroad museum membership.
6. S's family visited us in September. We had fun with the kids.