Thursday, December 14, 2006

Back in Time


(Jul 31, 2006)




(Today is actually Dec 2nd 2007
It's kind of strange to go back in time to see all the pictures and try to remember what had happened in the past. Memory does get fuzzy, but I want to write this down so that not all memory was lost.)


Way back in July 2006- after we have completed gathering all of the paperwork needed to file our adoption case in Tainan District Court, I decided to go back to Taiwan to spend 2 weeks with Shaun. Luckily my manager was supportive of me working from Taiwan for 2 weeks.
The first moment I saw S, I said to my aunt... "oh... that is one ugly baby.." hahaha....(Simon thought I was soo mean..) You can't blame me for saying that!! My family had shaved all of his hair AND eyebrow in accordance with Taiwanese tradition (when he turned one month old.) Unfortunately, S has really really slow growth when it comes to hair, so he was still bald with no eyebrow when I saw him on July 31 2006.
He was not 3 month old yet, so he didn't respond to my effort of trying to make him laugh... Sometimes he even cried really hard when he saw my face!! Not exactly an ego-booster to mommy, so from there we started our very sloooooow bonding process..:)
*However, I have to admit it was more fun being a "part-time" mom! My aunt did most of the work and all I had to do was to hold S and play with him a little bit.

No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers