Sunday, July 13, 2008

Certificate of Citizenship

We picked up Di-di's COC on 7-11 Friday without any problem!! It wasn't like the big oath taking ceremonies that S and I attended for our COCs. We walked into a USCIS waiting room, handed the notice and Di-Di's green card to the office clerk and then waited our turn to be called to get his COC and a mini American flag. The notice said to expect 2 hours, but it took less than 20 minutes. We decided to have a little celebration breakfast at Cafe Bernardo...Yummy.
We had a relaxing weekend.
(Di-di loved waving his American flag)


(Di-di didn't want daddy to go back to work at all. He was having so much fun with daddy.)
(Di-di was so good to daddy. He didn't complain when daddy used his back as a pillow..:)

3 comments:

R... said...

Congratulations!! I am soo jealous!! I am really glad to know it sometimes works out faster and easier than expected and I'm very glad to know it happened to you!!

R...

Tish said...

Hi! I found your site off of Mei-Ling's blog. I have a son who was born in Taiwan and was wondering if I could ask you some questions about the country. My email is
1sttimemama1@gmail.com...if you email me, then I will email back my questions...if you don't mind.
Thanks, Tish

Sarah k said...

OH SO COOL!!! CONGRATULATIONS LEGAL LITTLE MAN!!!!! And good for you for being such a sweet boy for daddy!!! Got love those boys!!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers