Sunday, February 22, 2009

Looking forward to March

We have finally recovered from a cold that lasted almost one month!! To make matter worse, DD had a freak accident in his crib and (sort of) lost his first tooth. I would have never thought that the safest place, his crib, could be the most dangerous place! He bump his upper front tooth against the railing and the tooth is now stuck in the gum. Now that the swelling in gone, the dentist should be able to better diagnose the damage and decide if DD needs a surgery to extract the tooth.

Other than the sickness and accident, life goes on pretty much as usual. Recently, I had been pleasantly surprised by DD's progress. He has come a long way from the early onset of the terrible-two stage (starting at 18 months:) to this mature-thoughtful-little-boy stage. The other day while I was video taping him doing this 46-piece puzzles and was just amazed by his patience, independence and problem solving skills. Of course, he still has his moments of thrwoing temper tantrums and being hyper active, but those moments are just as precious to me.

A big shock came the other day when the day care director told me that she will start moving DD to the preschool class from the two's room. :( I told her I was NOT ready for him to go to the preschool class yet, but she just laughed and said that HE is ready regardless!! He is getting bored in the two's room and I finally noticed that he is now the biggest kid in the two's room... :(

This is part I of a loooong video of DD working patiently on his puzzles.



Part II of a loooong video of DD finishing up his puzzles

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Oh I think Shaun & Kobi are a pair! Kobi's front tooth is totally gray (and chipped) from hitting it months ago on something. I'm just glad to hear that baby Shaun is still in his crib too... I'm getting so much grief that Kobi is soooo comfortable in his:)
Way to move on up to the 3's!

Sarah k said...

Ok.. first of all.. that puzzle is awesome!!! LOVE IT! Then second of all.. I am so sorry for the tooth! That is crazy and NO I wouldn't have thought the crib could be that dangerous but hey, you can't protect them from everything unless you bubble wrap them and if you do that they suficate.. soooo.....?? I hope they don't have to do surgery! Poor guy! Don't fret.. it will be just fine!!! Silly crib!!

Sarah k

Sarah k

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers