Thursday, August 20, 2009

Music to Mommy's Ears



DD has been talking in short sentences for a few months now and we have often been surprised by what he says. Sometimes S and I have to try very hard not to burst into laughter by what comes out of DD's mouth...

This evening, DD walked into the door and announced "Mommy, DD is HAPPY!" He said it with such a big smile and conviction. S and I were both surprised, not sure if he really understood what "happy" is, but I replied gently "Mommy is so happy that DD is happy." He then went on to say that "DD is happy!" a couple of more times.
This simple declaration by DD almost brought tears to my eyes, because DD told me in his own words what I will always want the most for him! It sounds like music to Mommy's ears.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers