Friday, October 17, 2008

Why I envy my baby

My last posting of a Chinese poem by an Emperor must seem odd to those who don't read Chinese.:)~ I am not religious, but sometimes I do need Buddhist teaching to keep me grounded and calm in a time like this!! The sudden meltdown of the stock market since September and the prospect of a global recession did make me feel anxious for a couple of days. This particular poem sums up so well the "impermanence" of life, even for a powerful Emperor. The only certainty in life is the uncertainty that we face every second.

I haven't blogged much, because I have been focusing more on studying the market and spending more time with Di-di. Even though my aunt is here to dote on Di-di, he just wants to be glued to mommy when he is home! My poor baby probably misses his daddy so much that he is feeling some insecurity.

I will give you more Di-di updates later, but here are some of my favorite pictures of him sleeping. I am so envious of him, because he sleeps like a baby without a worry in the world~~ (wait, he is still a "baby"!:)



(Yes, I let Di-di has his pacifier again. He started sucking his thumb, so I chose the pacifier..for now.:(


2 comments:

Smith Family said...

I was missing your updates! Glad to see you're blogging again. I love those pictures of Shaun--he's so precious! Lately when he sees Nick from across the street with your aunt, he says, "Hi Nick!" It's so cute!

Sherry said...

Oh don't you wish you could sleep like a child again (with no worries at all). I cant even look at my 401k and stock's right now... makes me want to cry! Instead I just look at your nice kitchen pictures... LOL!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers