Thursday, August 14, 2008

1st full day in London

Yesterday was my first full day in London and it was filled with adventure; mostly failed adventure, but adventure nevertheless. I borrowed my landlord's bike to run some errands and see the neighborhood. The first 3-5 minutes was nice but then it started pouring rain (really hard). My hair, pants and shoes were soaked through. I probably looked really funny.
My first errand was to register with a health centre so I can use the free UK health care system. I went to the one next to the school but they said my address was not in the approved area so I have to go find the one in my postal code. Next, I biked to school to pick up my student id card. But they said I needed to come back in 3 hours. Then I went to HSBC to open an account. I had some success but still need to return tomorrow to complete the account application.
Next, I went home and ate my "poor man's" lunch of pasta with spaghetti sauce (I miss all the nice affordable restaurants in SacTown. Then I walked to grocery store and lugged my heavy bags back to my flat. I miss my car but on the plus side I am getting good exercise =)

I studied CAIA after dinner until about 11:30pm. The most fun I had today was studying. Sounds sad, I know, but those close to me know that I like studying.

Simon

No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers