Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Flight over the pond

Here is my first post for my London trip...

I flew out from SFO on Monday on Aer Lingus, an Irish carrier. Surprisingly, nearly all of the workers behind the counter were Asian. I know it is SanFran but you would think there would be more Irish employees.

Once I got on the plane, it was a totally different story. All the employees had traditional Irish names. The meals were pretty good and I got to experience their love for dairy products. Both meals included around 3 dairy items each. When I commented about this to my Irish seatmate, she said that they eat a lot of dairy. She said the butter is a lot better than in the U.S. So, I tried the Irish butter but didn't notice any difference. I guess my palate for butter is not very refined.

I had a one hour layover in Dublin. It was too bad I didn't have more time to step out of the airport but at least I visited the Guinness store at the airport. I got a beer mug (stein) with the Guinness logo (hey, I am going to beer-drinking London after all).

My plane was delayed an hour due to backup at Heathrow airport. Thankfully, my new landlady was nice enough to move meetings around so she could meet me at the flat when I arrived in the middle of the afternoon (2:30pm).

I got around 15 minutes sleep on the plane and I had been up for 24 hours but I wasn't too tired. After getting myself settled, I took a 2 hour nap in the afternoon. Then finally went to bed a little after 2am (Wednesday morning).

Until next time...Simon

1 comment:

Peanuts' Mom said...

I'm so glad to see your post, S! Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Best wishes as you enter your program. And hope you finish soon!!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers