Saturday, August 30, 2008

Yahooo....Long Weekend!!!!

I feel so much better today! Still have a running nose and cough, but feel like new when the body ache went away. I think being healthy is so much more important than anything else like being rich! However, Di-di's fever came back this morning and his coughing was sounding bad! It got progressively worse, so I rushed him to the doctor's office after his morning nap. He tested negative for strap throat and pneumonia, so the doctor just sent us home. :( She said to watch him for a couple of more days before getting too worried, but it's been 6 days since he got sick!! We don't have plans to do anything this weekend. Di-di and I just need to rest and recover from this flu.

I called my parents and my aunt (dad's sister) to complain about how "hard" and difficult my single-mother life has been in the past three weeks. They just laughed (out of musing), then I started laughing (out of embarrassment.) Hahaha... that's right no sympathy from my family! :)

I always forget how "hard" my parents' generation's life was in post WWII Taiwan. They worked 20-hour days at very young age in my grandparents' rice and vegetable fields. Without much education, they had to do a lot of labor-intensive work to make a living before Taiwan's non-agriculture economy took off. My aunt had a even harder life as an adult. She raised 6 kids while helping her husband running one failed business after another and trying to make ends meet. Taiwanese men did not help with housework or raising kids in the old days, so my aunt did everything & she also had to serve a very demanding MIL. For example when my aunt ran a noodle stool business, she cooked noodles soup for customers by carrying the youngest on her back, while the older daughters took care of the other younger ones and they all washed dishes. Fortunately, all of her kids got her work ethics and are very successful today and take good care of my aunt. I feel so embarrassed to ask my aunt to leave her family again to come help me.. :)~ I really need to keep things in perspective, because my life now is really easy and comfortable compared to my parents' and my aunts'! I will try to complain less when my aunt is with us. :)

Here are some more pictures from Di-di last weekend's KinderMusik class. I have signed him up for next semester starting in mid September!

Video of Di-di "dancing"- my baby is very independent :





No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers