Friday, September 12, 2008

Life is good!

New counter tops are in; the new breaker is installed and nothing was "fried"!! Kitchen faucet, and the appliances will be installed on Monday, so yeah..we are making progress.

My aunt has been awesome! She started cleaning my house as soon as we arrived home from the airport! No, I did NOT ask her to do so. She just can not sit around and relax, so she has been cleaning my house every day. She has also been cooking for us every night using my hotpot cooker and she helps me take care of Di-di after he comes home from school. This week has felt like a mini vacation and I feel so much more relaxed and happy. :)

We also had a special visitor! My friend D and P traveled to CA with baby A, so they hang out with us on Wed evening. My aunt took care of baby A for 6 months in Taiwan when D and P were going through the adoption process. Baby A has been home since the end of March. My aunt was sad that baby A has totally forgotten her, but we are very happy she has bonded well with D and P. Baby A only wants her mommy and daddy now! She is turning one year old in a few days and has changed so much since I last saw her in Taiwan. She no longer looks like a baby and is so much a little girl now, so I shouldn't call her baby A anymore...hahaha.. Di-di was happy to have so many people in the house to play with him, but he was not much of a gentleman. He still had a hard time sharing his toys with A. :)

(S with baby A in Jan 08 when we visited Taiwan)

(A small conference in Dec 07 for adopted babies in my aunt's- Baby A. Mei-mei and Di-di:)

(Baby A. looks so different now!! My aunt and I just love her natural curly hair which is rare for Han Chinese.)

(Do you think they still recognize each other after 8 months?:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am glad that I found your blog. I am in the beginning of the Taiwan private adoption. There's couple steps of process that I still don't clear. If you don't mind to help me out on my questions, please email me at may2008@inbox.com

Thanks in advance
Charlene

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I and my husband are planning to adopt a baby from a close frind's family in Taiwan. the baby will be due on the end of May. It is a very excited news but at the same time we are kind of confused of how to adopt this baby. We have consulted an adoption lawyer but it was still not clear. Do you mind to share with us of your experiences? we will deeply appreciate your kind assistances. If you can would you please eamil me at dream_92@hotmail.com; thank you very much!

best regards,

shuchen (Joyce)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers