Saturday, September 13, 2008

Snobbish Shopping in London

I went to the Brooks Brothers store in London recently. It is located in a very nice part of town with other expensive shops. I didn't see any prices on the shirts or anywhere else in the store. So I walked up to an employee and asked about the prices. Like many things in London, the 'numerical value' is the same as in the U.S. but is priced in pounds instead of dollars. So at current exchange rates, things are generally about 1.8 times as expensive.

I asked him whether they had any promotions such as, "Buy three shirts for x pounds". He said "No, we are not a DISCOUNT store". I told him that Brooks Brothers in the U.S. has those discounts. The Brooks Brothers stores in the U.S. often have these promotions...but I didn't mention this. I let him off easy. =)

I went to another store and bought a light blue, herringbone pattern, double French cuff, classic Prince of Wales collar dress shirt. (Say that three times fast)
The shirt was half the price of the shirts at Brooks Brothers and the quality seems excellent.

No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers