Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day (2008)

Our original plan was to celebrate Mother's Day on Saturday with S's parents and sister, but the lunch date was canceled due to a problem at their place.

Since the CFA exam is coming up in 3 weeks, I wanted S to focus on his studies, so the responsibility of celebrating Mother's Day then fell on Di-di's shoulders. :) Di-di and I had a very relaxing Mother's Day: woke up late at 9:00AM as planned; had a leisurely breakfast; went to Toys R Us for some Thomas train fun; then Di-di took his 2-hour nap in the afternoon; afterwards we hung out at Borders for 2 hours; finally we ended the day with some yummy Thai take-out.

It was a great day and I had a lot time to reflect on this special day and this special anniversary week that totally changed our life two years ago.

(P.S. Di-di's newest obsession is Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends.)

(Good morning Mommy-Happy Mother's Day! )

(Di-di's smile is the BEST Mother's Day gift to mommy!)

(The best place to celebrate Mother's Day:) Yes, Di-Di was hoarding the trains so that he didn't have to share with the other baby~~ !

(After a full day of studying, daddy spent some quality couch potato time with Di-di, watching a "Thomas" video.)

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Happy Belated Mothers Day & Birthday (Baby Shaun)! Glad to see I'm not the only last minute mama when it comes to partying. Hehehe! I always think to myself... "how do all my friends have such great birthdays planned for their kids?" Then I say... "Oh yeah, they don't work, go to school or maintain their yards, do all the housework and get their nails done at every chance they get. LOL! Now got any last minute ideas for Kobi's Birthday on Friday?? Hahaha! Glad you had a good weekend!

Sarah k said...

SOOOOOO PRECIOUS!!!! Nothing says "mom I love you" like the smile! I love it when My son Jer, acts like I am a rock star and starts to squeal with glee and laugh and bob up and down when I enter the room after a 5 minute escape....lol. What a silly little man!!! But he is a sweet and silly little man!!! Happy Mother's day!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers